Total Pageviews

Monday 18 June 2012

Another Mission delivered!

Year 4 were on top of the world - they had completed mission one and raised the Titanic! Then on Thursday, there was another strange delivery! We knew what it was immediately, another mission!

In it we were asked to think of ways we could show some of the facts we were starting to know (and we already know A LOT!) about the Titanic. Most of us agreed we should make a fact file or book of some kind. We got into groups straight away. This was great as we got to work with children we normally wouldn't sit by in Literacy. Some of us were good drawing, writing or researching on the net books. We had a great time looking on the Internet and in books to see what we could find.

By Friday afternoon our fact files were finished. We thought the covers looked fantastic and really eye catching. We even managed to find out about other ships like the Lusitania, the Olympic and the Britannic. Do you know anything about these ships? If not, come to our room and read our fact files!

Here are some pictures of us doing our research. Mission 2 - accomplished!!





PS Our role play area has been turned into the White Star ticket office. We are open during school hours if you want to buy a ticket for Titanic. But remember, it leaves port at midday!!




18 comments:

  1. Great work :)
    continue working hard

    Safa Khan sister Faryal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like doing this topic it is cool.


    By Safa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your compliments. Year 4 are really working hard aren't they? Stay tuned for details of our next mission . . .

    Mrs Hilton x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed making the fact files because I've learned more.

    By: Ayesha:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was really exited when both the letters arrived



    hiba year 4

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't wait till next week when we get another mission i wonder whats going to be our secand part of the mission.



    by sara hussain

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder what our next mission is going to be. I hope we finish our cabins today.

    by Ilyas

    ReplyDelete
  9. iqra this is the best topic in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. miss hilton we got 605 hits it s really exiting

    ReplyDelete
  11. iqra this is the best topic in the world

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you like this topic year4? I do.:)



    By: Ayesha

    ReplyDelete
  13. MRS HILTON I AM REALLY ENJOYING LEARNING ABOUT THE TITANIC AND I really like making the cabins and I really like that Mr Hiltonk went on our blog and I am really bored in my home now in evening it's 8:20 pm. I just want to come school now everybody having good evening and I am having bad evening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helloooooooooooooooo Iman

      Delete
  14. Hello. Mrs Hilton we are really enjoying the blog my mom and me year 4 welldone doing a really fun topic it's very good By IMAN and her mother. By year 4

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these books because they are eye-catching.


    By someone in year 4,a girl who is in hexagons,Total Wipeout and Dahls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think we added lots of information in our books.I liked it because it is eye catching.my parents think
    it is brilliant!
    By Maimoona

    ReplyDelete